New York, NY – February 2, 2011 - Shazam®, the world’s leading media discovery company, today announces that the entire Super Bowl experience – including the ads, the game itself and the halftime show – will incorporate Shazam for TV™ to enable fans to experience more of TV’s biggest sporting event.
People who use Shazam will receive valuable discount offers, free downloads, enter sweepstakes, vote on their favorite ads, participate in game polls, buy music, share their experiences on Facebook and Twitter, and support leading charities.
The Super Bowl joins the “second-screen” mobile revolution as the game, leading advertisers and the halftime show are Shazam-enabled to give viewers a fun and easy way to experience more.
“We are excited that Shazam will be a key feature in one of the biggest television events of 2012. The Super Bowl is an American institution – known not just for the game but for the advertising and superstars performing during the halftime show,” said Andrew Fisher, Shazam CEO. “As the leader in ‘second-screen’ interactive TV experiences, we’re proud that Shazam is woven into the entire broadcast so that people can discover more about the game, the halftime show and the must-see ads – all on their smartphones or tablets.”
Almost half of the Super Bowl TV advertisers will be Shazam-enabled with several Fortune 100 brands choosing Shazam to add interactivity to their ads or sponsor key game elements. When people use Shazam to tag ads from the following brands, they will unlock exciting offers and content.
Shazam-enabled ads include:
- Toyota – the ad will include a sweepstake to win two Camrys – one for you and one for a friend.
- Best Buy – Best Buy's spot will feature two of Shazam's founders. Additionally, Best Buy is running a $50 gift card offer for consumers looking to buy and activate a mobile phone in 2012.
- Cars.com – when viewers use Shazam to tag the ad, Cars.com will donate $1.00 to one of seven charities, up to a maximum $100,000.
- Pepsi – the new ad that features the winner of the X FACTOR – Melanie Amaro performing Otis Redding’s song “Respect” - will invite people to unlock a free video.
- Teleflora – viewers who tag Teleflora’s “Give” ad starring super model Adriana Lima will receive a secret offer.
Plus, a number of other commercials including GE, Relativity’s new Navy SEALs action-thriller, “Act of Valor” and Disney’s upcoming movie “John Carter" will be Shazam-enabled providing great offers and more.
Through a partnership with Bud Light, this year’s Bridgestone Super Bowl Halftime show will be Shazam-enabled. When people use Shazam to tag the performance, they can unlock exclusive content and experience more by the Interscope artists performing.
Whether people are fans of the Patriots or the Giants, Shazam has made it easy for them to get more involved in the Super Bowl. When viewers use Shazam during the game, they can:
- Access up-to-the-minute statistics to keep track of all the key plays and players;
- Participate in polls about the game and ads with other fans;
- Share their experience with their friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Conveniently purchase merchandise including hats to jerseys and much more from Shazam’s mobile store.
Shazam for TV
Having worked with many leading brands and broadcasters to deliver TV advertising campaigns and TV shows during the last year, Shazam has established itself as the leader in the “second-screen” interactive TV category. Shazam continues to extend the ability to use the app to include selected live performances and television events, including the Super Bowl.
People who already have Shazam on their phones should ensure they have downloaded the latest version of the app for their smartphone or tablet to have an optimum experience while watching the game.
For people who don't yet have the Shazam application on their smartphone, it is available for every major platform and can be found on iTunes App Store, Android Market, Amazon App Store, AT&T’s AppCenter, Verizon VCast app store, Nokia Store, Windows Phone Marketplace, BlackBerry App World, and GetJar.
All partner company names and products are trademarks of their respective owners.
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com