LONDON, UK – 8 October 2010 – Calling all Take That fans! Shazam®, the world’s leading mobile discovery provider, in conjunction with Polydor Records, today launches a nationwide Take That ‘Golden Tag’ promotion. One lucky winner will get the chance to attend a special Take That performance, followed by an exclusive meet and greet with Gary, Howard, Jason, Mark and Robbie. Shazamers will also get the chance to pre-order Take That’s latest single on iTunes.
Music fans around the world are increasingly using Shazam to discover all about the music they’ve just heard; buy tracks; book tickets to gigs and view music videos. ‘Shazamers’ just hold up their mobile device to ‘tag’ a track they love the sound of, Shazam then matches the music from its database of over eight million tracks and delivers the result – the track and artist name; cover art; link to buy the music; discography, reviews and more. Over 75 million people are already using Shazam and one million new ‘Shazamers’ are joining every week.
Now, Take That fans in the UK, registered with Shazam, can be part of an exclusive ‘Golden Tag’ promotion when they hear ‘The Flood’, the band’s first new single since the ‘reunion of reunions’ which took place in New York last September. ‘The Flood’ is taken from Take That’s forthcoming album ‘Progress’ which is scheduled for release on 22 November.
Andrew Fisher, CEO of Shazam, commented: “Shazam takes people on a unique mobile journey, from music discovery to exclusive must-have content and now, one of a kind experiences. The ‘Golden Tag’ will take one lucky Shazamer from listening to Take That’s new track on their mobile to meeting the band for real. That’s got to be the ultimate musical journey!”
Paul Smernicki, Director of Digital and D2C of Polydor, commented: “We’re always looking for new ways to reach our audiences with relevant and exclusive content. Working with Shazam means that from the moment Take That fans tag the new single on the TV or radio and register, they’ll be in with a chance to win this Golden Ticket prize – all direct from their mobile. This is a sure-fire win for both us and the fans.”
Take That ‘Golden Tag’ on Shazam – How Does it Work?
The promotion runs from 8 October to 21 November 2010 and is open to registered Shazam users on iPhone and iPod touch, who are UK residents over the age of 18 years. No purchase is necessary to be entered into the promotion.
- Participants should ensure that the Shazam Application is downloaded onto their iPhone or iPod touch from iTunes.*
- Participants register with Shazam, by tapping on the ‘settings’ tab on the downloaded App and checking their ‘signup’ status. It’s simple to signup, just enter an email address and a password.
- Participants then listen out for Take That’s new single, ‘The Flood’ and ‘Shazam’ the track to automatically be entered into the Golden Tag promotion. They will also be offered the chance to pre-order the track on iTunes or buy it immediately once it is released.
- The winner of the Take That ‘Golden Tag’ on Shazam will be chosen randomly by computer and the winner will be announced on Monday 29 November 2010.
For Shazam’s full Terms & Conditions for the ‘Golden Tag’ promotion, please go to: http://www.shazam.com/music/web/pages/takethat_flood_promo.html or http://is.gd/fNIMA
*Shazam App on iTunes
- Shazam is available as a free App for iPhone and iPod touch, with a five tag per month limit.
- Shazam premium versions, Shazam Encore and (Shazam) RED™ Special Edition App, are available for £2.99.
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com