London – 11 December 2012 - Shazam®, the world’s leading media engagement company, today announces the launch of Shazam 5.5, the latest update to the Shazam Free, Encore and (RED) Apps on iPhone and iPod touch devices. With this new update now available for downloading, fans will have an exciting new UI experience, including an updated listening screen as well as larger album artwork. Other new features include automatic resubmission, My Tag search, sharing on Google+ and an improved experience for the visually impaired.
When Shazam fans update their phone to iOS 6.0, then download the Shazam update, they get access to the following great features:
- An exciting new UI featuring an updated listening screen. Shazam has replaced the “sweep” action with an updated blue Shazam dial that responds to music;
- Larger album artwork. Now, when looking at new tag results for music or TV ads or shows, the artwork is larger and more engaging, improving the rich media results as well as providing users with easy-to-access buttons to listen to a sample and purchase from iTunes;
- Automatic resubmission. If people are in a poor reception area, they no longer have to manually resubmit their tags when they get to a better reception area, and a notification will be shown in iOS Notification Center
- My Tag Search. The new search function makes it easy to find specific tags with a search by name, title, tag date or location;
- Sharing on Google+. Shazam’s users have been clamoring for more sharing options, so now they can share to Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Magic Tap. People who are visually impaired now can start tagging immediately by simply doing a two-finger double-tap from anywhere in the Shazam App, when VoiceOver is enabled
All versions of Shazam for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch come with unlimited tagging, giving fans more opportunities to engage with music and television content.
For people who don't yet have the Shazam App, it can be downloaded for free from the App Store.
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com