MENLO PARK, Calif., March 18, 2013 - Shazam®, the world’s leading media engagement company, today announces that this year’s March Madness® broadcasts will be Shazam-enabled to further connect college basketball fans with their favorite teams. Starting this week with the first bracket games and throughout the rest of the tournament, when fans use Shazam to tag any of the live broadcasts, they will instantly access scores, stats and music, and connect to related social media, enhancing the overall experience.
Viewers who have Shazam installed on their smartphones or tablets will be able to use the app to create a compelling second-screen experience while watching the tournament, including access to:
- Real-time bracket standings,
- Up-to-the-minute scores and game statistics,
- Player information,
- Music in the broadcast, and
- Links to March Madness® Twitter feed.
Shazam will also feature an exclusive experience sponsored by NCAA® Corporate Partner LG Electronics USA, including:
- A music bracket, starting with 64 of Shazam’s most popular artists, giving Shazam fans a chance to vote on their favorites – see who goes head-to-head in the Final Four,
- A trivia game integrated with Facebook, so you can “face off” with other March Madness® fans,
- Shazam Tag Charts of the top songs from each of the 13 cities hosting the tournament, and
- Consumers can use their smart phones to get more information on LG’s March Madness® promotions as well as enter for a chance to win a trip to Atlanta for Final Four® weekend, when they Shazam the LG TV commercials in which the Shazam logo appears.
Because the tag lives on in people's tag lists, they can interact with them anytime, wherever they are, whatever they're doing.
NCAA® March Madness® starts with the round of 64 teams on Thursday, March 21 through the Final Four on April 6 and 8. The tournament will be aired on CBS, TBS, TNT and TruTV.
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com