LONDON, UK - 23rd September 2010 - Shazam®, the world's leading mobile discovery provider, today announced that its popular Android application is now being pre-loaded onto LG handsets in a worldwide rollout which has commenced in Europe with the LG Optimus GT540.
Shazam has more than 75 million users and now, LG smartphone customers will be able to access Shazam's feature-rich Android application out of the box for the first time to:
- Discover new music: identify the song that is playing with the option to buy the track.*
- Learn more about music: read track and album reviews, artist biographies and discographies, plus view song lyrics**.
- Find out the most popular tagged music with the Shazam Tag Chart.
- Find tour information: local and international tour dates for tagged artists and links to buy tickets to concerts.
- Share music moments with friends through Facebook, Twitter, SMS and email.
- Watch YouTube videos for tagged artists.
- Access the Shazam Blog for leading insight to new music.
Andrew Fisher, CEO of Shazam, commented: "Our aim has always been to deliver a fast, accurate and reliable service to consumers to further enhance the capabilities of their devices. Shazam will bring the most complete music discovery experience to millions more LG smartphone users around the world. We are excited to be working with LG and proud of their vote of confidence in Shazam."
The free, pre-loaded Shazam Android application on LG also comes with a seven day free trial of features from the premium Shazam Encore version, including unlimited tagging. Once the initial seven day period is up, users can pay a one-time fee of £2.99 ($4.70 or €3.63)*** for Shazam Encore; or, continue to tag up to five songs per month with their free Shazam App.
Further markets and handsets will launch in the coming months.
* in selected countries
** currently in nine countries
***at today's exchange rate on XE.com
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com