Follow Pitbull, Calvin Harris, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Coldplay, and More to See What They’re Shazaming
New York - June 30, 2015 – Starting today, fans can share in the thrill of music discovery with artists they love. Shazam users can now follow top artists like Pitbull, Calvin Harris, Meghan Trainor, Avicii, Jason Derulo, Coldplay and others to see what they’re Shazaming. This gives fans a unique view into the moments when the world’s biggest hit-makers discover music that inspires them.
“Our users Shazam over 20 million times each day to discover the music playing around them,” said Rich Riley, Chief Executive Officer at Shazam. “Now, those Shazams transform into an ongoing relationship with artists, giving users a truly unique place to get great music content.”
“The biggest artists in the world are also the biggest fans. They use Shazam every day to explore new music, and for the first time ever, their fans can share in those moments as they happen,” said Daniel Danker, Chief Product Officer at Shazam.
New discoveries from artists that users have Shazamed appear automatically in Shazam. As users browse through new artists, they can follow them with the touch of a button to see what those artists are Shazaming. Fans will also be kept up-to-date about new singles, albums, and videos from the artists they follow. And with the launch of Apple Music, fans can listen to the songs artists Shazam by tapping on the new “Listen on Apple Music” button.
As part of today’s announcement,these artists will bethe first to let fans in on their discoveries; together they already have over 600 million Shazam followers. Shortly after launch, Shazam will welcome hundreds of additional artists from around the world to share their favorite tracks with fans.
- Pitbull - 44.7m Followers
- Calvin Harris - 42.0m Followers
- Avicii - 41.4m Followers
- Maroon 5 - 30.2m Followers
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis - 29.4m Followers
- Jason Derulo - 28.7m Followers
- OneRepublic - 27.7m Followers
- Wiz Khalifa - 27.1m Followers
- Imagine Dragons - 25.3m Followers
- Coldplay - 22.9m Followers
- Usher - 20.9m Followers
- Robin Thicke - 20.1m Followers
- Enrique Iglesias - 20m Followers
- Clean Bandit - 18.6m Followers
- One Direction - 17.6m Followers
- Linkin Park - 14.0m Followers
- Alicia Keys - 13.6m Followers
- Meghan Trainor - 13.5m Followers
- Tove Lo - 12.4m Followers
- Alesso - 11.8m Followers
- Shakira - 11.7m Followers
- Selena Gomez - 11.0m Followers
- Mariah Carey - 10.3m Followers
- YG - 9.8m Followers
- Fall Out Boy - 8.3m Followers
- Shaggy - 7.3m Followers
- Pearl Jam - 6.1m Followers
- Zac Brown Band - 4.2m Followers
- Fifth Harmony - 3.7m Followers
- Nick Jonas - 3.6m Followers
- Hunter Hayes - 3.5m Followers
- Adam Lambert - 3.1m Followers
"Shazam is one of my favorite ways to discover music. I'm excited for the next step in its evolution, and happy that Fort Minor and Linkin Park can play a role," said Mike Shinoda of Linkin Park.
“As an artist, I’m a big fan of discovering new music and Shazam helps me keep a pulse on that. I’m stoked to be able to share what I’m into with millions of fellow music fans,” said Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy.
“I absolutely love music and can't tell you how many times I find myself going down the rabbit hole of music discovery for hours. I’m excited that Shazam now allows me to share this crazy journey with you guys,” said Hunter Hayes.
Today’s update includes a number of exciting changes in the Shazam app:
- Personal Music Home - The Shazam home will now reveal new Shazams from artists you follow. Like what you see? Tap “Like” to give feedback directly to the artist.
- Follow / Un-follow - Fans can now choose new artists to follow or artists they’d prefer to stop following by going to My Shazam.
- Artist Pages - Artists now have a new home on Shazam. Each artist has a page with their Shazam discoveries, top tracks on Shazam, music videos, and more. Artist pages also reveal the number of followers each artist has.
- Shazam Counts - For the very first time, Shazam is revealing the number of times each track has been Shazamed.
Watch the Product Video:http://shz.am/b1g2rBgc
Shazam is one of the most popular apps of all time, used by hundreds of millions of people globally to connect to the world around them. Building on its pioneering leadership in music identification, Shazam now helps people discover, interact with, and share video, audio, or printed content on TV, radio, movie screens, magazines, newspapers, packaged goods, and retail stores -- and now Shazam lets music fans follow their favorite artists to see their Shazams and share in the thrill of discovery. The app has exceeded 20 billion total Shazams since its launch, and users Shazam over 20 million times each day. For more information on how Shazam has created new technology tools for brands to utilize data visit www.shazam.com